School Contact Form 2016
The School Contact Form is essential for schools to complete and then keep up to date. Please click on the link below to access the form. To maintain effective communication with the key partners, the Office requires the email of the Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher (or equivalent), RE Head of Department, Primary RE Leaders, CPD co-ordinator and Chair of Governors. It is important to renew the form at the beginning of each term.
School Contact Form
Thank you for time we greatly appreciate your co-operation.
How to Book a Course Click Here
If you have registered on the site before enter your details, if not, click 'Not a member, click here.' and fill in the form.
To access a course, click on the 'Calendar' button, search for the name of the course.
Click on the course and the information appears.
Click the book here button which appears on the course details to book a place.
Newly Qualified Teachers 2016-2017
Please use the following link to register for the NQT Programme 2016-2017: REGISTRATION FORM.
In September 2015 upto180 Newly Qualified Teachers were Commissioned at Mass by the Bishop, to work in Catholic Schools within the Diocese. Each of the NQT's were accompanied by their Headteacher to make this a special occassion. During the Mass each NQT was presented by their headteacher to the Bishop. One NQT commented on the day as being a: "The talks from the Headteachers on the 5W's were extremely inspiring! Fantastic Day - thank you! Another NQT stated that, the day was "Re-energising and invigorating. Provided endless inspirtaion."
PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF OUR LARGE NUMBER OF NQT'S TO BE COMMISSIONED WE CREATE TWO GROUPS FOR THE CORE PROGRAMME. PLEASE LEAVE ALL CORE DATES FREE IN YOUR DIARY AS SCHOOLS WILL BE NOTIFIED NEARER THE TIME WHICH GROUP THEY ARE IN.
Overview of the NQT CORE AND EXTENDED Programmes:
1. The Department for Education provides a CORE INDUCTION PROGRAMME for all NQT's beginning their careers in our Catholic Schools. The CORE PROGRAMME is 4 days and is provided as part of the schools subscription.
2. The Department for Education in collaboration with recognised school providers, offers an EXTENDED INDUCTION PROGRAMME, which is 5 additional days at a cost of £795. The extended programme is in response from schools to have the diocese as the main provider for their NQT Induction Programme.
The Scope of Involvement:
The CORE programme includes Commissioning from the Bishop of Salford, the Catholic life of the school, related curriculum objectives and a day for spiritual development. In addition, the EXTENDED Programme focuses on aspects of the highest quality teaching and learning, school visits to observe excellent practise, bespoke sessions for particular needs of NQT's and preparation for the second year of teaching. There is also input at the beginning of the year for the Mentor's of the NQT's.
Cost of Programmes
Option 1: 4 day CORE Induction programme - no charge to contributing diocesan schools*
Option 2: 9 day EXTENDED Induction programme - £745
*Schools should ensure they have made the 2016 - 2017 school's contribution before making an application for NQT's to join either programme.
Outline of the 2015 - 2016 Programme:
Day one - 'Our Faith in your hands' (Catholic Education and the Vision of the Catholic School, Communication and the School community. For Mentors - pm - Teaching Standards, Role of the Mentor).
1. September 22nd 2016 Alpha Group Commissioning by Bishop John Arnold
1. October 5th 2016 Omega Group Commissioning by Bishop John Arnold
Day two - 'Walking on water' (Aspiring to excellence - Caritas In Action and developing the 5W's with children).
2. January 2016 (Alpha Group) - Date TBC
2. January 2016 (Omega Group) - Date TBC
Day three - 'Personal Spirituality' (Day of Personal Reflection on the vocation of a Teacher)
3. May 2017 (Alpha Group) - Date TBC
3. May 2017 (Omega Group) - Date TBC
Day four - 'Spreading Your Wings in the Catholic School' - Being and Effective Practitioner and planning for the RQT year)
4. June 2017 (Alpha Group) - Date TBC
4. June 2017 (Omega Group) - Date TBC
EXTENDED: (Exact Dates TBC)
5. October 2016 'The way to outstanding' (Planning and Assessment)
6. November 2016 'The way to oustanding' (Excellence in Teaching and Learning)
7. February 2017 - Schoool Visits
8. March 2017 'Bespoke Development'
9. May 2017 'Moving to RQT and Beyond'
Further enquiries regarding the Programme should be made to Daniella Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the CPDF website provided for diocesan schools and colleges by the Office for Education. The RED BUTTONS ON THE RIGHT of the home page are useful links to the structures and provision for our diocesan schools.
The red TABS ON THE TOP of the home page are links to information about the OfE team, our services and very importantly THE CALENDAR, which sets out the courses and programmes on offer in a month to month format. If you have any enquiries we will be pleased to talk to you on 0161 817 2204 or email email@example.com.