The Primary Partnership is the recognised organisation of Primary School Head Teachers, which works alongside the Office for Education in the provision for Schools. The mission statement and aims of the organiosation are set out below
We, on behalf of all the Catholic Primary Head Teachers in the Diocese of Salford, will consult together with the Diocesan Office for Education on matters of common interest, for the good of all members and our school communities in the Diocese, in line with the true spirit of the Catholic faith.
In order to develop this statement: -
- The Primary Partnership consists of Head Teachers from the following constituent areas making up the Salford Diocese:
Bury, Bolton, Blackburn & Darwen, Lancashire, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale and Calderdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Special Education & Office for Education.
- Each constituent is organised into relevant clusters that meet to share and disseminate information and provide support for colleagues.
- Each cluster group elects a Head Teacher to attend the PP committee meetings, hereby known as the Salford Diocesan Primary Partnership, made up of cluster representations. (once per term)
- Elections of representatives should take place during the autumn term and then the SDPP committee will meet at least each term - at three different localities around the diocese.
- The Diocesan Office for Education will be represented at all PP meetings.
- The PP committee will elect a Chair, Vice Chair & Secretary, on a bi-annual basis at the first meeting in the autumn term.
- The PP committee with the Office for Education, will organise an annual conference.
- The Office for Education will maintain an income and expenditure account for the meetings of the Primaty Partnership.